Devastators

I figured it was time my Imperial Fists had some heavy hitters. I haven't played a game since 2nd Edition, and I had already forgotten about 7th Ed. Bolter Drill, so I armed these guys with a selection of weapons. Works out well now with 8th (considering I'm actually going to play again). I was getting closer to finalising my paint scheme, but still hadn't nailed down the shading yet. As a result, they're a little more yellow than all the units that have come after them. Nevertheless, I'm still pretty happy with them - there was continual improvement in my painting with every squad.


Imperial Fists Devastators

Imperial Fists Devastator Sergeant

Imperial Fists Heavy Plasma

Imperial Fists Heavy Bolter

I was still using the quite stark highlight on the gun casings here, but it's a little more subdued on these and I don't mind it so much. I also wanted these guys to look like they'd been weathering a fair storm of return fire, so they're pretty bashed up. I think that I should repaint the plasma coils at some point, but I'm still pretty ordinary at getting them right, so I definitely won't do that yet.

I really like these miniatures. Lots of great parts on the kit to customise them with, and they look really solid. It was also nice for me since I hadn't painted marines for so many years (decades) to see the sheer number of options on the sprues.

Comments

Popular Posts