Introduction

I thought I'd start a blog to act as a sort of diary of my painting (and wargaming, even though I rarely get to do any). Hopefully I can keep better track of the colours and schemes I use, and also keep a digital copy of my little men.


I start this as I'm coming to the 'end' of a fairly large Imperial Fist force. I don't feel that it's finished in any way, as there are a lot of gaps game-wise, and more importantly in terms of the models I want to paint for it. I still want to add a Predator and a Whirlwind and another Rhino at least. Who knows what newer Primaris models will be coming up too?

I was lucky enough to pick up the old 2nd Edition Eldar Army box from my brother this week, which has made choosing my next force very easy. Other than the guardians and Dire Avengers it is all unopened and unpainted. So I thought I'd start this blog to really track my adventures of painting these old metal miniatures. I know they'll give me grief in the process, and I'll also want to add additional new units, I've already got some grav tanks, another walker, some newer guardians and some wraith constructs in mind. I haven't even browsed through what's available these days to cement my ideas.

2nd Edition Eldar Army

2nd Edition Eldar Army




The box even had one of the old painting guides in it. I love this. It's nothing like what's produced and painted now, but these miniatures were so amazing in the mid-'90s.


Mike McVey

The man himself.



As time allows I'll start to add the units of Imperial Fists on here. They've been really fun to paint and have really advanced my painting both in terms of brush-work and technique. It's also been my introduction to airbrushing which I absolutely love.  

Comments

Popular Posts