Dark Imperium

I picked up Dark Imperium not long before I finished the models I already had. Talk about blown away by the quality of everything inside the box. Even the layout of the inside of the box was beautiful. The miniatures looked like they were going to be great when they were still on the sprue, and they certainly didn't disappoint in the painting. They were an absolute joy!


I started off painting the Intercessors. This let me get a feel for the models and how I was going to approach painting them all up. I needn't have worried, they are a little larger and quite open which makes them really accommodating to the airbrush. I didn't change anything from the way I had been painting my more recent squads. 

Primaris Intercessor

Primaris Intercessor

Primaris Intercessor
I call this sergeant George since he reminds me of George Michael. A shame about how off centre the drilled barrel is, hah!

Primaris Intercessors

Primaris Intercessors

I gave these guys a bit of weathering, since they're such beasts on the table I figured their armour would be copping a fair beating given their (relative) longevity in the field. I just can't say how impressed I was with these models. Really great fun to paint. 

Comments

Popular Posts