Dreadnought

I love Space Marine Dreadnoughts. I think it has something to do with the sheer weight of the old metal ones. They really seemed like immovable objects and so tough (unless you dropped them, then they fell apart...). I'm coming around to the new Primaris Dread for the same reason I think, it really does look tough and like a deadly machine, a little Ed 209ish.


I'd been excited to paint one since I started this force, and chose the Iron Clad because I reckon it just looks better than the others. Tougher than the standard one, and the Venerable Dread I think looks a bit silly with all the decoration.

It was a lovely kit to build, all the weapon options, which even better can just push on and off for easy interchangeability.

Imperial Fists Ironclad Dreadnought

Imperial Fists Ironclad Dreadnought

Imperial Fists Ironclad Dreadnought

Of all the units I've painted, this was by far the biggest joy to paint. It was easy, and so rewarding. Lots of big plates for shade/highlight transitions, enough detail to break up the armour panels (but without looking decorated), and a lot of edges for paint chipping, but without looking too beaten up. 

I think it looks a little funny with the grenade launcher between the missiles, but the missiles are only on with blu-tak, so I'm good with that. 

Comments

Popular Posts