Inceptors

The three man Inceptor squad was next on the table. I'd really been looking forward to painting these guys since I first saw them. Initially I heard a lot of dissatisfaction with the minis, but I really can't fault them, they look great. 

I painted these guys in quite a few sub-assemblies, not just the packs, but the heads and most of the arms I left separate too. I was glad I did because it made painting them a real breeze. Of all the Primaris marines I think I'd like to get some more of these guys. Three seems like too small a squad, and they've got a real presence about them that I like. I'm not a fan of the Reavers, so if I do get some more, I think it will be some of these. And that new Dreadnought too, I like that more every day...

Primaris Space Marine Inceptors

Primaris Space Marine Inceptor

Primaris Space Marine Inceptor

I was happy with pretty much everything I did on these guys. The bases were a bit of an after-thought. By the time I get around to basing I'm usually in such a rush to finish. I also wondered if on these guys that a slightly more scenic base would detract from the model as they're separated by the new flying base so much more than the old flying stands. 

I was also really pleased with the jets I did on these guys too. I realised I never took a photo of it, so I just took a hasty one now. Not a great photo, but it came out just how I wanted it to - always a good thing! 

Primaris Space Marine Inceptor

Comments

Popular Posts