Scouts

I'd always wanted to paint some scouts. I've always thought they look great and I like the idea of using sniper rifles in games. I'm pretty happy with my finished result, but for whatever reason, I really didn't enjoy painting them - and it wasn't just the silliness of having bright yellow armour but camouflage cloaks on. It had also been a very long time since I'd painted a face, something I have never been very good at. I'd always avoided it where possible by choosing the helmeted options. These guys did provide me with plenty of practice, and whilst their heads aren't that great, I have become noticeably better since. So if nothing else, they were a good painting experience, just for the experience.


Imperial Fists Scouts

Imperial Fists Scout

And because I love painting them so much,  Shadow War Armageddon arrived a little later with 10 more of the little buggers...

Imperial Fists Scouts

Imperial Fists Scouts

Imperial Fists Scouts

Imperial Fists Scouts

I based these guys differently since they were SWA guys after all. I also figured that I'd be unlikely to want to use 3 squads of scouts in a game of 40k. If I do, oh well, I'm sure we can all deal. I also put a smaller fist icon on their shoulder as I thought that the bigger round one looked a little oversized on the first squad. Man was that fist easier to get on too. Still hating the round transfer on the shoulder pads.

Comments

Popular Posts