Vindicator

The Vindicator is another of those units that I'd always wanted, and it seems to fit so nicely into an Imperial Fists force too. I was now happy with my shading and was pretty keen to see how it translated to the larger armour plates of the tank. I was also pretty keen to work on the extensive weathering a Vindicator lends itself to, particularly with the dozer blade. I was planning on doing some hairspray weathering for this, but when it came to it, I'd sprayed, shaded and highlighted the blade and couldn't make myself repaint it in a raw metal. Needless to say it got a lot of sponging...


Imperial Fists Vindicator

Imperial Fists Vindicator

Imperial Fists Vindicator

Imperial Fists Vindicator

I kept the majority of the paint chipping weathering to the dozer blade and the front or protruding edges of the tank - that parts that might get beaten up more if it was using the blade to push through rough ground or obstacles. Less soot off the exhausts than the Rhino here, as I think that got a little overboard. With the blade weathering, I tried to get a similar effect that I was after had I done hairspray weathering, so I was pretty liberal with the paint on the sponge. Combined with the shading and a lot of weathering powder, I'm really happy with the result. 

I'm also really pleased with how the deeper shading turned out here. This really cemented the scheme for the rest of the army. I don't do any line highlighting on my vehicles. I really don't think that it adds anything to them, and can look a little off. I'm much more content to let the shading and highlighting transitions do that work. I think I've achieved just what I was aiming for here. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I literally couldn't be happier with this Vindicator. 

Comments

Popular Posts