Hellblasters

Next on the Dark Imperium painting list were the Hellblasters. I really like how they've gone to a more 30K idea on heavy weapon squads, it really fits well with the new lore, but I also did like the idea of the old squads and their limitations. They had that desperate feeling that suited the Grimdark setting and reminded me a little of Classic Battletech - making do with the best of a dwindling resource. 

I was a bit disappointed that the poses of most of this squad were double ups. It didn't make so much of a difference with all the Intercessors, but with only 5 in this squad it's a lot more noticeable. It doesn't really bother me visually - I hope I'm not that nitpicky -  but it would have been nice to see 5 individuals.

Hellblaster squad space marines

Hellblaster sergeant

Hellblaster

I was getting better at the plasma glow here, but only on some. On others it's very wanting. None of them are still what I want to be able to do, but baby steps. I think I've got an aversion to OSL. I'm not sure why. It could just be that I'm reticent to paint over areas I've carefully painted previously with something I'm not that set on anyway. Nevertheless, I definitely went a bit light on the white with the airbrush, and then went a bit heavy with it on the final brush highlight. Still, they're tabletop miniatures, so I'm not overly fussed.

I really love the design of these models. The Primaris armour looks great coupled with the new plasma guns. The rebreather on the sergeant is also a great touch.

Comments

Popular Posts